Yesterday we checked out 10 Eagles records that will never be broken.
Right now we take a look at the alternative finish of the spectrum and supply some franchise information that we imagine can be damaged.
A few of them very quickly.
1. Donovan McNabb’s 32,873 passing yards: After simply 4 seasons, Carson Wentz is already 43 p.c of the way in which there. Wentz is signed by means of 2025, and at his present price of three,548 yards per season, he’ll move McNabb throughout his present contract.
2. Mike Fast’s 1,409 receiving yards in 1983: It seems like an astronomical quantity, however that’s actually solely as a result of the Eagles haven’t had good receivers lately. Some 51 gamers in NFL historical past have had a complete of 85 seasons with greater than 1,409 yards. Heck, T.O. was on tempo for 1,744 in 2005 earlier than he bought kicked off the staff for being T.O. Somebody would solely have to common 88.1 yards per recreation to interrupt Fast’s 37-year-old file. Onerous to imagine that hasn’t occurred already.
three. Carson Wentz 33 TD passes in 2017: That’s quite a lot of TD passes, however Carson did it in 13 video games, so he was on tempo for 40. And 23 groups have a franchise file of 34 TD passes or extra. If Blake Bortles, Steve Beuerlein and Daryle Lamonica can throw 34 or extra, Carson Wentz can. If not him, another person will.
four. Brian Dawkins, Eric Allen and Invoice Bradley 34 interceptions: Not a single NFL franchise (apart from enlargement groups) has a decrease franchise profession INT file than the Eagles. Clearly Dawk and E.A. would have put up greater numbers in the event that they didn’t go away right here prematurely, however 34 interceptions is a ridiculous quantity for a franchise file. Heck, the Steelers, Chiefs and Lions every have three guys with 50 profession interceptions. Amongst present Eagles, Rodney McLeod has essentially the most INTs as an Eagle with eight. So this file gained’t be damaged this coming season, however it is going to occur.
5. Sam Bradford’s 65 p.c profession completion proportion: We are able to’t enable Sam Bradford to carry an Eagles file. And 65 p.c is just barely above common today. The NFL common is 63.5 p.c climbing regularly annually, because the NFL continues to create guidelines that defend the quarterback and encourage offense. If Wentz simply repeats his 2018 season in 2020 and 2021, he’s at 65.four and the file’s his.
6. LeSean McCoy’s 6,792 dashing yards: Yeah, that’s quite a lot of yards, however three different Eagles — Steve Van Buren, Wilbert Montgomery and Brian Westbrook — got here inside 1,000 yards of that mark, which exhibits how obtainable it’s. There are 64 operating backs in NFL historical past with 7,000 yards, so 6,792 yards isn’t an out-of-reach determine. It is going to take a mixture of two issues: An outstanding expertise and a basic supervisor who doesn’t commerce him away within the prime of his profession.
7. Harold Carmichael’s 589 profession catches: After averaging 75 catches in his first seven seasons, Zach Ertz has 525 receptions and is just 64 from Carmichael’s mark. If he stays wholesome, at his price of 5.eight catches per recreation since he grew to become a full-time participant in 2015, Ertz will move Carmichael within the Eagles’ Week 12 recreation towards the Seahawks on the Linc.
eight. Alex Henery’s 22 consecutive area targets in 2012: One option to decide how gentle a file is is to see how many individuals have come near it. If individuals hold getting shut, finally the file will go. David Akers had had two streaks of 17 straight area targets, Caleb Sturgis made 18 straight, Cody Parkey made 17 in a row and Jake Elliott made 20 in a row final yr earlier than lacking in Miami. If that many individuals have gotten near 22, any person — perhaps Elliott, perhaps very quickly — goes to make 23 in a row.
9. Miles Sanders’ 818 dashing yards as a rookie: When you think about that 109 rookies in NFL historical past have had at the very least 819 dashing yards, you see how inside attain this file is. Sanders had solely 66 carries the primary eight video games of the season. All it might take to interrupt this file is to play a full season, common 12 carries a recreation and decide up four.three yards per carry.
10. Adrian Burk’s 393 punts: Are we actually speaking about punting information? Yeah, as a result of isn’t it nuts that the Eagles have by no means had the identical punter longer than 5 years? No NFL staff — together with enlargement groups — has a decrease punting file than the Eagles. The following-lowest is Josh Bidwell of the Buccaneers, with 419 punts. Because the common NFL punter punts 75 occasions a yr, it might solely take somebody 5½ years to interrupt Burk’s file. Cameron Johnston has 132 punts in two years with the Eagles and he ought to break Burk’s file someday in 2023. If he sticks round.
Extra on the Eagles
n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments) ;