On Friday 16th October 2020, Brixton – together with the remainder of the capital – was moved into the ‘High Tier’ of Covid-19 restrictions for London.
Which means the 10pm curfew for hospitality venues remained in place, with new guidelines which means that individuals might proceed to see family and friends they don’t stay with outdoors, together with in a backyard or different outside area, however not indoors.
We took a go searching Brixton to see how venues have tailored to the modifications:
Brixton Village was very busy.
The obvious distinction was that every one food and drinks might now solely be ordered by way of desk service.
Within the courtyard.
It was nice to see stay music return to Hootananny, though the sound stage was a lot decrease than it will usually be.
Seating inside was socially distanced however as there was no free tables for us to take a seat and watch the band, we headed outdoors.
The venue has segregated the outside space into separate cubicles, with loads of cowl.
Heaters have been positioned below the covers.
50th birthday celebration pours into the road at 10pm from Enish on Coldharbour Lane.
Be a part of the discussion board discussions
- Brixton and coronavirus: help, news, discussion (over 500 posts)
- Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more (2,100 posts)
- Coronavirus in the UK – news, lockdown and discussion (19,000 posts)
- Coronavirus meme/panic/fear mongering general thread (5,000 posts)
- Coronavirus: music festivals, big gigs, sports events and big gatherings (19,000 posts)